2 Day Swimming Costume Making Workshop, Cumbria
£50.00 – £180.00
The Swimming Seamstress offers a mobile teaching service around the UK with both residential and non-residential swimming costume workshops. Hosted at stunning swim spots, Amanda will guide sewists through making of their own costumes. What is unique is that Amanda will prepare the swimming costume pattern for each participant in advance of the workshop. Do contact her if you would like her to visit you!
Course Location: Malt Kiln Village Hall, Well lane, Bardsea, Ulverston, LA12 9QT
Choose to make a bespoke, one piece pull on swimming costume, a two piece costume both featuring bust darts,an internal bust support, crotch shield and scooped front and back neckline OR racer back style costume with lined front – optional internal bust support. The racer back is suitable for more advanced sewers.
• Amanda will prepare a personalised pattern for you to use and keep.
• It’s suitable for an adventurous beginner who can use a sewing machine.
• You will produce plenty of samples to understand the specialist techniques required for making swimwear.
• Sewing machines and basic equipment will be available for your use although you are encouraged to bring your own machine and equipment.
• Class sizes are capped at 8 sewists plus Amanda.
• You will need to bring your fabric, lining and thread (guidance will be available).
• Tea/coffee and homemade cakes/biscuits will be provided and a packed lunch is advisable.
• Skills covered; pattern layout and marking, working with power mesh, swimwear elastic and lycra, fitting and finishing.
• The days run from 10am to 4pm and the cost of the course is £180.00 per person inc refreshments and a light lunch.
|Course Dates & Prices||
Date: 12th/13th November 2022 Cost: £180.00 (Full payment), Date: 12th/13th November 2022 Cost: £50.00 *(Deposit only – balance to be invoiced 3 weeks prior to course dates)