2 Day Swimming Costume Making Workshop, Felixstowe
A warm welcome awaits you for your workshop at Felixstowe Sewing School, Felixstowe, Suffolk, UK.
Led by the Swimming Seamstress; Amanda Bowden of Felixstowe Sewing School. Benefit from her great experience as a dressmaking teacher in her well-resourced, bright airy classroom.
• Choose to make a bespoke, one piece pull on swimming costume, a two piece costume both featuring bust darts,an internal bust support, crotch shield and scooped front and back neckline OR racer back style costume with lined front – optional internal bust support. The racer back is suitable for more advanced sewers.
• Amanda will prepare a personalised pattern for you to use and keep.
• It’s suitable for an adventurous beginner who can use a sewing machine.
• You will produce plenty of samples to understand the specialist techniques required for making swimwear.
• Sewing machines and basic equipment will be available for your use although you are encouraged to bring your own machine and equipment.
• Class sizes are capped at 6 sewists plus Amanda.
• You will need to bring your fabric, lining and thread (guidance will be available).
• Tea/coffee and homemade cakes/biscuits will be provided and a packed lunch is advisable.
• The Sewing School is situated a few minutes walk from the Blue Flag beach in Felixstowe so you will have the opportunity to test your swimming costume in the sea (at your own risk).
• Skills covered; pattern layout and marking, working with power mesh, swimwear elastic and lycra, fitting and finishing.
• The days run from 10am to 4pm and the cost of the course is £150.00.
|Course Dates & Prices||
Date: 4th/5th November 2023 Cost: £150