Make Your Own Swimsuit Workshop with Swim & Sauna, Bournemouth
The Swimming Seamstress offers a mobile teaching service around the UK with both residential and non-residential swimming costume workshops. Hosted at stunning swim spots, Amanda will guide sewists through making of their own costumes. What is unique is that Amanda will prepare the swimming costume pattern for each participant in advance of the workshop. Do contact her if you would like her to visit you!
Date: 11th/12th March 2023 Cost: £195.00 Course Location: Boscombe, nr Bournemouth
Choose to make a bespoke, one piece pull on swimming costume or a two piece costume both featuring bust darts, an internal bust support, crotch shield and scooped front and back neckline OR a racer back style costume with lined front – optional internal bust support. The racer back is suitable for more advanced sewers.
The workshop includes:
• A prepared and personalised pattern for you to use and keep.
• Learning skills to understand the specialist techniques required for making swimwear.
• A sewing machine and basic equipment will be available for your use, although you are encouraged to bring your own machine and equipment if you have it.
• Learn about pattern layout and marking, working with power mesh, swimwear elastic and lycra, fitting and finishing.
• You will need to bring your fabric, lining and thread – instruction will be provided
• Small class size for targeted help, with lots of chat about sewing and swimming!
• Tea/coffee and biscuits will be provided and a packed lunch is advisable.
REQUIREMENTS: Workshop is suitable for an adventurous beginner who can use a sewing machine.
Sauna isn’t for special occasions in Finland: it is a way of life. Thanks to the Finnish sauna culture being embraced across the UK there are now a variety of waterside saunas to complement your chilly dips this winter. The Saltwater Sauna is a recent addition to the British sauna community and sits on the promenade along the beautiful Sandbanks beach in Dorset.
The Winter Zinger Swim Sessions are designed to be a short intro to winter swimming. The swims will be a simple dip, a body immersion or a brief swim depending on how you handle the cold. Designed for a small group, risks and guidance will be outlined before you are encouraged into the water and monitored by the Dip Advisor. These swims will vary depending on temperature of the water, experience of the group and weather conditions. We will have the Sauna to slip in and out of to warm up, or to feel the benefit of the hot and cold therapy sauna can offer.
The sauna will be exclusively set up for Dip Advisor for this session.
Once dry and dressed, hot drinks will be provided.
REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to swim. Comfortable with the idea of swimming in the sea. Aged 18+
PRICE INCLUDES: Hot Drink.
PLEASE NOTE: Further details of the swim, what to bring and where to meet, will be sent at least 48 hours before the event.
|Course Dates & Prices||
Date: 11th/12th March 2023 Cost: £195.00