2 Day Swim & Sew, Keswick
The Swimming Seamstress offers a mobile teaching service around the UK with both residential and non-residential swimming costume workshops. Hosted at stunning swim spots, Amanda will guide sewists through making of their own costumes. What is unique is that Amanda will prepare the swimming costume pattern for each participant in advance of the workshop. Do contact her if you would like her to visit you!
Date: 10th/11th May 2023 Cost: £245 With Accommodation £425 Course Location: Keswick, CA12
Based in Keswick, we spend two days under Amanda's expert eye cutting our own pattern and making a swimsuit. Each pattern is personalised and you can chose from a range of styles from a pull on one-piece to a racer back or two piece.
• Amanda will prepare a personalised pattern for you to use and keep.
• It’s suitable for an adventurous beginner who can use a sewing machine.
• You will produce plenty of samples to understand the specialist techniques required for making swimwear.
• Sewing machines and basic equipment will be available for your use although you are encouraged to bring your own machine and equipment.
• Class sizes are capped at 8 sewists plus Amanda.
• You will need to bring your fabric, lining and thread (guidance will be given in advance).
• Tea/coffee and homemade cakes/biscuits will be provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
• Skills covered; pattern layout and marking, working with power mesh, swimwear elastic and lycra, fitting and finishing.
• The days run from 10am to 4pm with two optional swims each day.
• On the final day we take our swimsuits out for a swim in Derwentwater!
• There are two options for attending this workshop, either with accommodation at Cumbria House, or as a day attendee. The cost of the course is £245.00 per person without accommodation and £425 with accommodation.
|Course Dates & Prices||
Date: 10th/11th May 2023 Cost: £245 With Accommodation £425