2 Day Cosy Cloak Workshop, Felixstowe
A warm welcome awaits you for your workshop at Felixstowe Sewing School, Felixstowe, Suffolk, UK.
Led by the Swimming Seamstress; Amanda Bowden of Felixstowe Sewing School. Benefit from her great experience as a dressmaking teacher in her well-resourced, bright airy classroom.
Choose to make a cosy cloak; excellent for changing into after swimming, bumbling around on the sides of lakes, rivers and promenades, gardening, camping, festials. A great garment for keeping warm with tons of room for lots of underneath layers. The Cosy cloak features a full length zipped front, lined throughout with lots of add-on options; patch, zipped (internal and external) and lined kangaroo pockets.
You will receive a take home pattern with written instructions and size options include small, medium, large, xlarge with cutting lines for long and short sleeves.
• It’s suitable for an adventurous beginner who can use a sewing machine.
• You will produce plenty of samples to understand the specialist techniques required for making a cosy cloak.
Pre-course zoom session to discuss fabric options.
• Sewing machines and basic equipment will be available for your use although you are encouraged to bring your own machine and equipment.
• Class sizes are capped at 6 sewists plus Amanda at the Sewing School.
• You will need to bring your fabric, zip/zips lining and thread (guidance will be available).
• Tea/coffee and homemade cakes/biscuits will be provided and a packed lunch is advisable.
• The Sewing School is situated a few minutes walk from the Blue Flag beach in Felixstowe so you will have the opportunity to test your swimming costume in the sea (at your own risk).
• Skills covered; pattern layout and marking, constructing pockets, adding a zip, creating a lined garment, fitting and finishing.
• The days run from 10am to 5pm and the cost of the course is £135.00.