Make Your Own Swimming Costume, Cambridge – May 2024
The Swimming Seamstress offers a mobile teaching service around the UK with both residential and non-residential swimming costume workshops. Hosted at stunning swim spots, Amanda will guide sewists through making of their own costumes. What is unique is that Amanda will prepare the swimming costume pattern for each participant in advance of the workshop. Do contact her if you would like her to visit you!
Date: Saturday 11th May 2024 Cost: £160 Course Location: CAM Studio - 6 Lintech Court, Linton, CB21 4XN
Amanda Bowden the Swimming Seamstress of the Felixstowe Sewing School will be leading this two day workshop guiding you through making your very own made-to-measure swimming costume.
As an avid outdoor swimmer and very experienced dressmaking teacher Amanda will guide you through every step of the production through teaching and demonstrations. You will make plenty of samples to build your confidence before applying techniques to your final cozzie.
During the course Amanda will show you pattern layout and marking, how to work with power mesh and swimwear elastic and lycra, and fitting and finishing.
You will need to choose between the one-piece or racer back pattern when you book, the one piece is entry level, the racer back is slightly more complicated so is suitable for those with some sewing experience. Amanda will prepare your chosen pattern to your very own body measurements ahead of the course. We will send an email requesting your measurements and explaining how to take them once you are signed up.
• The day runs from 10am to 4pm
• Cambridge Makers provides all tuition and tools, tea, coffee and biscuits.
• Please remember to bring a packed lunch.
• You are invited to bring your own sewing machine if you prefer, we do have them available at the studio too.
• You will also need to choose and buy your own fabric, lining and thread before the course, Amanda will give you guidance of what type and quantity of fabric to buy.
|Course Dates & Prices
Date: 11th May 2024 Cost: £160